Seven Recipes for a Delicious Vegan Shabbat (Shabbos) Dinner!
In this video, I make a vegan version of a traditional Ashkenazi (Eastern European) Jewish shabbat dinner. It has gefilte fish, tofu, potatoes, challah, matsah (matzah) ball soup, and chocolate cupcakes. I made it for my family Friday night, and it was delicious! We all loved it!
This is my first recipe video, so let me know in the comments or on the Reddit page below if you have any suggestions on how to improve this style of video.
If you got something out of this video, please give it a like, and leave a comment either here in the comments or on the Reddit page linked below.
Challah dough recipe (adapted from “Kosher by Design: Teens and 20-Somethings” by Susie Fishbein):
1 warm cup water
2tbsp canola oil
4 cups flour
1tbsp active dry yeast
Set to dough setting in bread machine, or-
1. Mix the yeast, 1tbsp sugar, and water in a glass bowl
2. Using the dough hook attachment of a stand mixer (or whisk by hand), combine the rest of the sugar, water, salt, and oil on medium-low speed.
3. Add the yeast mixture, and knead for 4-5 minutes on medium speed.
4. Cover with a towel and let rise for 1.5 hours
5. Follow instructions provided in video.
Music: El Adon by Ilana Sobel